Share the same language
Putting the same words, the same meaning, on the same things, is the basis of efficiency in communication. When you need to coordinate Marketing and Sales and build a vital cooperation to manage Marketing and Sales’ action plans, sharing a common vocabulary and definitions is mandatory.
Marketing and Sales: the same language
Below are the key definitions of the different types of leads according to the standards imposed on the marketing community and proposed by SiriusDecisions.
Do you speak Lead ?
- Inbound Lead
- Leads generated by the results of an inbound marketing activity (Website, SEM/SEO, Netlinking, Social, incoming calls, etc.)
- Outbound Lead
- Leads generated by the results of an outbound marketing activity (E-mail Campaign, Event, tele-prospecting, etc.)
- MQL - Marketing-Qualified-Lead
- A lead that satisfies the specific criteria defined by marketing and sales, but which has not yet been transmitted to sales
- MQL-TKG : an MQL that was generated by tele-prospecting activities.
- MQL-MKG : an MQL that was generated by marketing activities other than tele-prospecting
- SQL - Sales-Qualified-Lead
- A lead proposed by marketing to sales but whose qualification still needs to be confirmed
- SRL Sales-Ready-Lead
- A lead that sales has accepted in its sales action plan and whose qualification has been confirmed by marketing
- SAL Sales-Accepted-Lead
- A lead that sales has accepted in its sales action plan and whose qualification has been confirmed by sales
- SQO Sales-Qualified-Opportunity
- A SAL that meets the criteria defined by sales management (Budget, Authority, Need and Timeframe)
Happy Marketing !